APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Motion 5: Layers order preventing 3D depth

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Charles Herbert
Motion 5: Layers order preventing 3D depth
on Jun 21, 2015 at 8:12:20 pm

I have a .png image and I want to move 3D text through it as though it is appearing. If the the 3D text is above the .png image in the layers as you move it behind the image it is still visible over the image even though it is behind the image in 3D space. The same is reverse with the image layered on top of the 3D text where the text only becomes visible if not over played by the image and therefore disappears completely even if placed in front of the image.

All media has 3D turned on and I'm very confused as to why the layers is over-riding the 3D space.

Please can someone help me?

Kind regards,

Charlie

Return to posts index

David Gregorio
Re: Motion 5: Layers order preventing 3D depth
on Jun 22, 2015 at 6:09:53 am

I believe that 3D text only interacts with other 3d text in Z space.
When you see demo's where they make 3D text appear through another layer, the base layer (what you want your .png to be) is actually 3D text (like a square or I) scaled or sized way up so that it occupies the entire screen. Since the base layer is actually 3D text, it interacts w/ the appearing 3d Text in Z space for the desired effect.

Return to posts index

Robin S. Kurz
on Jun 22, 2015 at 8:55:56 am

Exactly. Unfortunately there is no GLOBAL 3D in Motion (yet?). 2D and 3D objects live in their own space. For what you're trying to do, you'd need e.g. mObject or any other 3D package of sorts.

- RK

Return to posts index

Charles Herbert
on Jun 26, 2015 at 5:51:54 pm

Thank you for your reply.

Charlie

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]