APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Rigging question, "random" and "sequential" settings in "Initial Value" of rig/widget

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Gregorio
Rigging question, "random" and "sequential" settings in "Initial Value" of rig/widget
on Jun 12, 2015 at 8:21:12 pm

Having a bit of difficulty with rigging in Motion 5.
When rigging an FCPX template, using popup/snapshots you have the option to set the initial value to "Last Saved" "Sequential" or "Random" . My understanding is that "Sequential" should automatically increment the snapshot with each additional use of the template within a given project. I can't seem to get this to work however.
3 min sample video here

I cannot get the "Random" option to work either.
Fairly new to rigging in motion, so I'm not sure whether I'm missing something or if perhaps it is a glitch in the most recent version.
I've tried this on both my home and work machines, both running current versions of FCPX and Motion5. I've also tried this with both generators and titles, as well as with different parameters rigged.

Nothing major, but I have some ideas I'd like to play around with if I can get this working.
I've posted this in apple motion support as well. Since that post I have tried this on a machine running 10.1.4 (and associated motion version) with same results
thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]