APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Changing Drop Zone size

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Croy
Changing Drop Zone size
on Jun 4, 2015 at 4:03:54 pm

I am trying to make a generator that has two drop zones off to the side of the frame. Usually the top drop zone has a solid background with a bullet point title over the solid. If I have not enough text to cover the drop zone I would like to make the height of the drop zone smaller with the lower drop zone becoming taller. For reference what I want visually to happen is like when you use Disk Utility to create partitions you are able to change the size of the partition by dragging the lines between the partitions. I don't need to animate this change, I just want to create a generator where I can change the height in FCPX. IS this even possible?

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: Changing Drop Zone size
on Jun 4, 2015 at 9:37:36 pm

Just publish the scale of the drop zone(s). In your case, to make things easier, I'd put the anchor point at the bottom of the lower drop zone, and at the top of the upper drop zone. You might only publish the Y scale of the drop zones also. There's probably a way to rig it to scale one up while you scale down the other with a slider too.

Return to posts index

Robert Croy
Re: Changing Drop Zone size
on Jun 12, 2015 at 2:31:24 pm

Thank you for your help. I was able to rig the generator for the size and also for the drop zones to be either on the right or left. Now I want to also add another drop zone this one being just a vertical drop zone that could be either right or left. In Mark Spencer's ripple training videos he makes multiply changes by changing the opacity of the elements. I could do this to add the other drop zone. Is there a way though that I can have a pop-up menu that picks either the 2 Up Horizontal or the Vertical drop zone with the parameters of the rigs change to reflect which item I have picked?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]