APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Creating a line with a Gradient/Feather that I can Add A Write on Behavior to.

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Petty
Creating a line with a Gradient/Feather that I can Add A Write on Behavior to.
on May 15, 2015 at 5:50:34 am
Last Edited By Mike Petty on May 15, 2015 at 3:44:54 pm

Hey all...

I am mystified.

I need to create a simple thin line as part of a lower third. It has to be a gradient (more specifically disappear off into a feather) but I also need to animate it in and out.

I am baffled.

I know I can create a gradient if I do a rectangle but I can't use the write on behavior to bring it in and out along with the type in the lower third.

I know I can do a line (that I can apply a write on behavior to) but how do I make it relatively thick and with a gradient/feather.

My instincts tell me this is really simple but I cam clearly missing something.

Thanks for any help in advance.

M

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: Creating a line with a Gradient/Feather that I can Add A Write on Behavior to.
on May 17, 2015 at 5:01:46 pm

There might be a simpler way, but I would just draw a line and mask it and feather the mask. Make sure the mask is extremely tall so that the mask feather doesn't affect the line vertically, just horizontally. Then use an animated crop or another mask on the group animated to wipe/write it on.

But likely you could color the line with a gradient that also tapers off into transparency and just do a write on. But sounds like that isn't working.

You could also use a Luma matte gradient as a gradient wipe but that seems like overkill.

Or there's possibly a behavior that does it. Probably a million ways.

HTH

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]