APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

achieving a flowing effect

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gary Caganoff
achieving a flowing effect
on May 7, 2015 at 11:12:01 am

Hi Motion freaks.

I'm a beginner with Motion and animation and have been playing round for days now getting very frustrated trying to get some 'flow' happening in a couple of shots:

You can see there is some water flow in the video but my client wants some 'arrows' to illustrate further how the water flows into the garden and sinks into the soil. I am reluctant to do this because I know how bad arrows can get - and I ain't no animator. So I have tried in Motion to play with arrows and neon bullets and then tried getting some stock footage of water rippling, and flowing and compositing these, but to no fantastic effect. Bad in fact. Anyone have any ideas on how we can make this look really cool - arrows or something else? At a loss, tired, fed up and deadline on Monday. :-(

Thanks in advance for suggestions.

Return to posts index

Robin S. Kurz
Re: achieving a flowing effect
on May 7, 2015 at 7:07:43 pm

Simple. Look into the standard Motion library. There you'll find a plethora of pre-animated arrows. ALL of which are editable (as in: bezier-curves). Simply use any one you like and edit as needed for the clip being used.

Obviously it will look best with STATIC clips, such as the first. Not so much the second, since that would require animating the scale at the same time too, which can prove to be tedious.

- RK

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]