APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Emitter Won't sync with Replicator.

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Holden
Emitter Won't sync with Replicator.
on Mar 16, 2015 at 1:11:42 am

First post!

So I'm creating a logo, and having an emitter follow the path of a replicator (both following a Shape.)
Everything is working out nicely, except half way through the path the emitter lags behind the replicator, and then catches up towards the end. Both the replicator and the emitter start on the same frame and end on the same frame and both set to constant speed. I can't understand why it would be off, has anybody run into a similar issue?

The effect I'm going for is a weld along a piece of diamond plate metal just so you can visualize it. Thanks guys!

Return to posts index

Robin S. Kurz
Re: Emitter Won't sync with Replicator.
on Mar 16, 2015 at 9:18:43 am

Without seeing the actual project it's hard if not impossible to know exactly what's going on. But it sounds to me as if both simply *don't* have matching animation curves, which one can obviously easily check in the keyframe editor.

- RK

Return to posts index

Michael Holden
on Mar 16, 2015 at 6:09:46 pm

Robin, thank you so much for the reply. I'm very new to Motion, this is actually my first foray into Motion so please forgive my amateurish knowledge of the software.

I checked the Keyframe editor earlier which was my first goto when I encountered this problem. The Emitter has data in the Keyframe editor while the Replicator's movement does not. Therefore I have nothing to compare to when it comes to checking the animation curves from one to another.

I again appreciate the reply!

Return to posts index

Robin S. Kurz
on Mar 16, 2015 at 6:42:48 pm

Then there's really nothing to go on, sorry. It's one of those "you had to have seen it" kinda things.

- RK

Return to posts index

Michael Holden
on Mar 16, 2015 at 6:51:52 pm

Yes sir! I appreciate you taking the time to help. I'm going to keep hacking around and see if I can figure it out. It would be so much easier if I can export the same control points from the replicator and use those on the emitter!

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Mar 17, 2015 at 11:55:36 am

I just had to do something similar with a paint brush motion path and the sketched paint stroke. In that case I used match move behavior and applied it to the brush with the geometry option.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]