APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Screensplitter transition made for 1920/1080; can it be changed?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Morten SlemdalScreensplitter transition made for 1920/1080; can it be changed?
by on Feb 9, 2015 at 9:00:30 pm

I have Screensplitter transition made for 1920/1080 (29 frames), by fcpeffects. Now I have a 720/576, 25 frames project in FCPX, and want to use the screen splitter transitions. Can i do that?

M

Return to posts index

Robin S. KurzRe: Screensplitter transition made for 1920/1080; can it be changed?
by on Feb 10, 2015 at 9:59:01 am

I don't know or have that particular transition, but assuming it was done right, then yes. Transitions will automatically adjust to both resolution AND (with few exceptions and where applicable) timing. It'd be kinda silly if they didn't, don't ya think? ;)

- RK

Return to posts index

Morten SlemdalRe: Screensplitter transition made for 1920/1080; can it be changed?
by on Feb 10, 2015 at 10:27:03 am

Fcpeffects wrote:
No, unfortunately Screen Splitter 2 is only supported for 16:9 resolutions. In many cases the plugin will still work, but we do not guarantee that it will.

Return to posts index

Robin S. KurzRe: Screensplitter transition made for 1920/1080; can it be changed?
by on Feb 10, 2015 at 10:43:23 am

Ah... I didn't catch that you want a a 4:3 resolution. I just saw registered "720" and assumed it was HD. After seeing the effect on their site, yes, I can image that the way they built it being problematic for 4:3.

Whereby, with fairly basic knowledge of Motion one could make a 4:3 version of the same (not necessarily ALL of them of course) oneself. Even as a single, not layered effect.

- RK

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]