APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Gamma problem on export

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Reuben RossGamma problem on export
by on Jan 7, 2015 at 11:36:58 am

Hi all,

I've been searching around for a solution to this and found many references to gamma shift bugs in various Apple software. Just totally confused by how to fix this!

I edited a short sequence in FCP 7, exported it and brought it into Motion 5 for adding a few titles and effects. After getting everything just how I want it, I exported from Motion 5 (I've tried exporting in a variety of formats) but the resulting video has much darker colours. Most noticeable are shades of yellow that were fairly pale in my Motion project, which turn out quite dark.

I would like to preserve the colours I chose in Motion - is this even possible? Is this a problem with using ProRes?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Bret WilliamsRe: Gamma problem on export
by on Jan 7, 2015 at 9:59:26 pm

You're mixing FCP 7 and Motion 5. How are you viewing the output? QT 7 or QTX player? QT 7 and FCP 7 generally had a pretty incorrect representation of the video. For example if I watch on a broadcast monitor, QTX, Motion 5, and QT X more closely match than QT7 and FCP 7. Ever notice in the past how videos on the web looked darker on PCs?

Anyway it's been years. I remember QT7 had some preferences about gamma settings that affected how things were displayed. Might want to play with that.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]