APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Basic Rigging Question

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Mathis
Basic Rigging Question
on Nov 29, 2014 at 10:14:50 pm

I have a quick question regarding a rig in Motion. I know you can "link" one rig to another (not sure of correct terminology).

I am basically wanting to build a 1/2 second fade to apply a clip.

Some additional information:
1. Fade in, fade out or both
2. Frame rate of 24 FPS or 30 FPS

I created two pop-up rigs. The first is for the fade type and this was easy to do. I then linked this rig to another pop-up named frame rate. This is where I am having difficulty. All that I see are options for snapshots but not the ability to change the value from 12 to 15 frames, based on frame rate. Is there an easier way to do this, for example publishing a transition instead? Any help is greatly appreciated and I tried to explain as best as possible.

Bottom line, I want to try avoid keyframes when possible and speed up the workflow.

Return to posts index

Robin S. Kurz
Re: Basic Rigging Question
on Nov 30, 2014 at 4:04:01 pm
Last Edited By Robin S. Kurz on Nov 30, 2014 at 4:04:40 pm

[David Mathis] "2. Frame rate of 24 FPS or 30 FPS"

Completely unnecessary i.e. irrelevant. The fps of the project in which it is applied it inherited. If you make the fade e.g. one second long, then it will be 30 frames in an NTSC project, 25 in a PAL one. Otherwise you'd have to make TWO and set them at a specific frame length and set up a rig to use (hide/deactivate) the one or the other as needed.

[David Mathis] "for example publishing a transition instead?"

As what else could you possibly be publishing it as? A fade is a transition.

- RK

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]