APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Simple Rig Question

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David MathisSimple Rig Question
by on Oct 2, 2014 at 5:56:18 pm
Last Edited By David Mathis on Oct 2, 2014 at 8:00:47 pm

Greetings!

I am wanting to build my own cross dissolve transition but add some blend mode options to give it a little something extra. In the process I want to restrict the blend modes to just normal, add, lighten, screen and overlay.

This is where I am having an issue. On the "Clip B" I click on the little triangle next to blend mode to add it to a new rig which uses the drop down menu. I then go into the rig, create as many options as I need and give them a specific name such as "normal."

The first option is normal and I start the rig recording (whatever it is called), select normal and stop recording. Do the same for add, lighten, screen and overlay. Easy enough. After everything is finished I publish the template. So far so good.

When inside FCP X, I add the transition but all the blend modes are available, not just the ones I only want available. Just want the blend modes restricted as mentioned earlier. Is there a setting I am missing or is this not possible? I have tried this three times and get the same result each time. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

* EDIT *

I only published the rig parameters, not the blend mode on "Clip B" in the transition template. In other words nothing was published on a group or object level, just the rig itself.

Return to posts index

Mark SpencerRe: Simple Rig Question
by on Oct 2, 2014 at 9:59:24 pm

You need to create a rig and use a pop-up widget with the blend modes you want added as states, and then publish with widget.

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

David MathisRe: Simple Rig Question
by on Oct 3, 2014 at 12:10:28 am

Thank you. I now have two pop-up menus. One with the blend modes I selected and another with all blend modes.

Return to posts index

Mark SpencerRe: Simple Rig Question
by on Oct 3, 2014 at 12:17:36 am

Unpublish the one you don't want.

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>