APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Motion on multiple machines?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Witthaus
Motion on multiple machines?
on Sep 11, 2014 at 11:13:27 am

Hey all -

Is Motion like FCPX that once you buy it, you can load it on different computers for? I have two laptops that I use for editing (one tricked out MBPr for heavy lifting and a MBa for light work). Can I have the software on both, paying just once? Thanks in advance.

sw

Scott Witthaus
Senior Editor/Post Production Supervisor
1708 Inc./Editorial
Professor, VCU Brandcenter

Return to posts index

Marco Feil
Re: Motion on multiple machines?
on Sep 14, 2014 at 7:30:38 pm

Yes you can download it to all the computers you own if you work alone. In a shared workplace every workstation has to have its own license.

A link to the license agreement is on the right side of the app store page.

2. Permitted License Uses and Restrictions.
A. License. Subject to the terms and conditions of this License, unless you obtained the Apple Software as described in Section 2B, you have the right to use the Apple Software as permitted by the Mac App Store Product Usage Rules set forth in the App Store Terms and Conditions (http://www.apple.com/legal/itunes/ww/) (“Usage Rules”), and are granted a limited, non-transferable, non-exclusive license:

(i) to download, install, use and run for personal, non-commercial use, one (1) copy of the Apple Software directly on each Apple-branded computer running OS X (“Mac Computer”) that you own or control; and

(ii) if you are a commercial enterprise or educational institution, to download, install, use and run one (1) copy of the Apple Software for use either: (a) by a single individual on each of the Mac Computer(s) that you own or control, or (b) by multiple individuals on a single shared Mac Computer that you own or control. For example, a single employee may use the Apple Software on both the employee’s desktop Mac Computer and laptop Mac Computer, or multiple students may serially use the Apple Software on a single Mac Computer located at a resource center or library.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]