APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

emit letters like particles from behind a mask, then they coalesce as a paragraph

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chuck Miller
emit letters like particles from behind a mask, then they coalesce as a paragraph
on Jul 22, 2014 at 12:39:07 am

As stated in the subject, I need to emit letters from behind a mask until they are scattered on the screen, and then have the letters animate into position to form a paragraph.

The "Blast In" behavior works perfectly for the second part: by removing opacity from the parameters, and zero-ing out X and Y rotation, it does exactly what I need it to do. As if cards with letters on them were scattered on a table, and they animate together for form a paragraph.

For the 1st part so far, I've tried to duplicate the "blast in" behavior, change the "from" parameter to "to," (to reverse the animation), and put the modified behavior in front of the original in the timeline. This produces a paragraph that essentially explodes, freezes, and then the explosion reverses.

I need the letters to emit from a single point (preferably in one initial direction, as if they were spraying from a fountain) and come to rest in the same scattered place they are in at the beginning of the "blast in" animation, before completing the animation to form a paragraph on the screen.

Thanks for considering.

Return to posts index

AJ Robinson
Re: emit letters like particles from behind a mask, then they coalesce as a paragraph
on Jul 29, 2014 at 1:48:34 pm

Can't you just emit a bunch of letters to fill the screen, then turn off the emitter at the same time you have the blast in effect start?

~AJ

Return to posts index

Chuck Miller
Re: emit letters like particles from behind a mask, then they coalesce as a paragraph
on Jul 29, 2014 at 5:17:07 pm

Is there a way to emit a paragraph's worth of letters? Because the blast-in effect reconstitutes a paragraph, the emitter would have to emit all of the letters specific to the paragraph.

Let me know if an emitter can do this.

Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]