APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

messed up and saved over motion template

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tonya easbeymessed up and saved over motion template
by on Jun 13, 2014 at 4:28:15 am

Motion is to detailed for my neanderthal brain sometimes.

so somewhere along the way I saved over the original motion master template (brushstrokes open). Now some of the dropzones come in B&W (instead of color) and seem to be inappropriately arranged (in front layer).

How can I go back to the original template?
Or at least fix it. I'm deep into the dropzones and user content and don't see where color or saturation has been changed. don't see an extra filter. don't know what I did or how to fix it.
this has, of course, screwed up every one of this specific motion projects on all of my timelines, so I'm currently looking for a high window or dangerously wet floor to slip on.

Tonya Easbey
AdagioProductionsMT.com
Granada Hills, CA 91344
tonya@adagioproductionsmt.com

Return to posts index

Robin S. KurzRe: messed up and saved over motion template
by on Jun 16, 2014 at 11:07:52 am

One has to wonder how you managed to edit the master of a template, since Motion will always open a copy of it when you choose one? You would literally have to have dug into the system library and opened the master from there.

The masters are in Library/Application Support/Final Cut Studio/Motion/Templates/Brush Strokes/. You could simply delete that (or the entire Templates) folder and reinstall using the Studio 3 installer, since those are old Motion 4 templates.

Return to posts index

tonya easbeyRe: messed up and saved over motion template
by on Jun 18, 2014 at 2:21:18 am

Yes, that type of digging seems well beyond me!
I figure it's the master that has been edited because no matter what project I open, that specific template is now my messed-up version. I'll look into reinstalling… prob should anyway since these templates are all in NTSC or Pal.
Thank you for you thoughts and time on this, Robin.
I'll post the results after it's been sorted through.

Tonya Easbey
AdagioProductionsMT.com
Granada Hills, CA 91344
tonya@adagioproductionsmt.com

Return to posts index

Robin S. KurzRe: messed up and saved over motion template
by on Jun 18, 2014 at 6:26:58 am

The master is the one you will find in the Template Browser (⌘⇧O). And reinstalling won't change anything about their resolution, since those are age old templates from a time where HD wasn't a viable option. If you need them in HD, you'll have to do the resizing yourself.

I would also highly recommend upgrading to version 5.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]