APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

How to create a 70's blinking computer lights animation using replicators

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jay BrennanHow to create a 70's blinking computer lights animation using replicators
by on Jun 7, 2014 at 5:34:49 pm

I saw a motion tutorial video with a cool effect they didn't bother to explain. It was a bunch of small squares, rounded corners, with a glow effect around each. They randomly changed color. They were arranged in a rectangle of about 10x30. The effect was a 70's style panel of blinking computer lights. I know replicators were involved, but I have no idea how to create any of this (still learning motion.)

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: How to create a 70's blinking computer lights animation using replicators
by on Jun 9, 2014 at 3:33:15 pm

It was a canned effect/preset item in Motion 4, did you try looking for it in the "content" section?

Return to posts index

Jay BrennanRe: How to create a 70's blinking computer lights animation using replicators
by on Jun 9, 2014 at 7:48:47 pm

I did find that after I posted the question, but it's not quite what I'm looking for.

The effect I'm trying to create calls for rounded corners with some space between each "light."

The lights change color randomly (or seemingly randomly) choosing from red, green, blue, orange, yellow.

There's a fairly strong glow effect on each light.

The 60s computer effect is a simple grid of blue squares of different shades, with some blinking on and off.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]