APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

I want to create an kind of smoke effect on a text

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Yannick MichelI want to create an kind of smoke effect on a text
by on Apr 14, 2014 at 12:48:10 pm

Hello,
I'm new to Motion. I used to work with After Effects and I must say that I'm quite lost with Motion. Unfortunately, we don't have any After effects license for the moment, so I have to use Motion.
I want to create an effect like this one:

Apparently, it was made with the trapcode Form. So Do you have any idea how I could do this with Motion.
And there was also this tutorial: http://cgi.tutsplus.com/tutorials/create-whispy-spirit-like-text--ae-1562
It's what I would like to create, but I don't know if the smear tool exist in Motion.

It would be great if one of you have any answer to my problem. I thank you in advance for your replies.

PS: sorry for my english :)

Return to posts index

Stephen SmithRe: I want to create an kind of smoke effect on a text
by on Apr 14, 2014 at 2:29:07 pm

Take a look at this thread: http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/170/861629#861632

Or you can play with the Fogwriter live font by placing it in front of your text to reveal it which would be much easier.

Stephen Smith

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Yannick MichelRe: I want to create an kind of smoke effect on a text
by on Apr 14, 2014 at 3:12:39 pm

Thank you for your quick reply.
I haven't found the livefont fogwriter. But I used a smoke emitter put a short life to the particle, add some gaussian blur and reveal my text with masks. It isn't exactly what I wanted, but It should be ok.

Return to posts index

Stephen SmithRe: I want to create an kind of smoke effect on a text
by on Apr 14, 2014 at 4:03:35 pm

For the fogwriter go to the Library tab, LiveFonts, Pro Series: Fogwriter. It isn't exactly what you want but it is quick and easy.

Stephen Smith

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]