APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Matchmoving a scene from different cameras

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anubhav GuptaMatchmoving a scene from different cameras
by on Apr 2, 2014 at 5:20:47 pm

I am an intermediate after effects user. I've come across many tutorials that show how to matchmove (or 3d track) a scene using after effects, bojou, mocha, etc.

But how does one seamlessly integrate a 3d element into a scene when there are more than 1 camera set up in the real world (i have 2 videos of the same scene from 2 different angles)?

How do I calibrate the the scale and exact position of the object in 3d space. I can track the 2 angles of the scene separately in after effects using the 3d tracker. But even though i am successful in integrating the 3d object into the scene from both angles separately, it does not look right when the camera switches from one angle to another.

I basically want the object to remain in the same 3d space with the same depth of field, lighting, etc.

Hope what i am trying to say is clear to you.
any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Return to posts index

Robin S. KurzRe: Matchmoving a scene from different cameras
by on Apr 3, 2014 at 7:07:34 am

I think you may have meant to post this elsewhere, no?

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: Matchmoving a scene from different cameras
by on Apr 7, 2014 at 8:02:46 pm
Last Edited By Mark Suszko on Apr 7, 2014 at 8:04:03 pm

Assuming you want to do this in Apple Motion, the CAMERA controls allow different focal lengths and settings for things like depth of field, and these are even somewhat keyframe-able. You can make more than one camera instance in Motion as well, so one takes over from another, based on the timeline..

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]