APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Drop Zones of type Timeline Pin

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Huib van Dongeren
Drop Zones of type Timeline Pin
on Feb 23, 2014 at 11:47:10 am

I'm trying to create a transition like the standard ones found in the FCPX theme 'Bulletin Board'. The transitions 'Pan Down', 'Pan Far Right' and 'Pan Lower Right' have two to six Drop Zones of type 'Timeline Pin'. When used in FCPX, there will be a adjustable numbered pin on the timeline for each Drop Zone in the transition. It's easy to add Drop Zones of this type to a transition, however I can't find a way to get the pins on the timeline in FCPX. I only get the orange circles in the preview but they are not numbered and there are no pins displayed on the timeline.
I analyzed the transitions from the Bulletin Board theme by opening them in Motion 5, but could not find any difference with the ones I created. I could not find a solution on the Internet or in the Motion 5 manual. What am I missing?

Return to posts index

Mark Spencer
Re: Drop Zones of type Timeline Pin
on Feb 23, 2014 at 10:07:20 pm

It works fine for me, are on you on the most recent versions of Motion and FCP X?

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

Huib van Dongeren
Re: Drop Zones of type Timeline Pin
on Feb 24, 2014 at 7:05:14 pm

Thank you Mark for answering my question. You are perfectly right. One thing I didn't try was to create a transition from scratch with newly created Drop Zones. I copied a Drop Zone of type Timeline Pin from an existing transition (opened from FCPX) to my new transition and then duplicated that a few more times. Now I discover that copies never work! You have to create a new Drop Zone each time and never duplicate or make copies. The copies only display the orange dot without a number or pin (small bug?).
Thanks again and looking forward for more of you're Motion tutorials on YouTube.
Greetings from the Netherlands...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]