APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Changing position of a FCP template title

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Al ManChanging position of a FCP template title
by on Feb 6, 2014 at 5:53:23 pm
Last Edited By Al Man on Feb 6, 2014 at 6:06:05 pm

Hi All,

I am sure this is so basic that I can't figure it out.

I am using one of the FCP template titles: Lower Thirds > Boxes > Left - the blue and white one that slides in and out.

I want to change the position of the boxes and titles so that it would appear higher than the lower thirds.

I open the title in Motion 5, via FCP, select the layers and drag the whole thing up to the position I want.

I save it as new file. I restart FCP allowing the new title to appear in the Titles options.

Now, the new Title clips thumbnail shows that the boxes are in the new position but when I lay it on the timeline over the video the position remains the same as the original file.

I hope I have explained well.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you.

Final Cut Pro X
Motion 5.0
Avid Media Composer 6.0.1

Return to posts index

Robin S. KurzRe: Changing position of a FCP template title
by on Feb 6, 2014 at 6:39:20 pm

First off, there's no need to do any restarting. If you opened it via right-click and saved it then it will appear in FCP X automatically and updated each time.

Are you sure that you're using the EDITED version? It will be called "Left copy", unless you changed it upon saving. And any version (instance) you have in the timeline then needs to be replaced by the new one. They won't update by themselves.

BTW, you can reposition text individually in any title by using the position handle when in edit mode:

That of course doesn't apply to the graphic, unless of course you published its position parameter, then that would show up in the inspector.

Return to posts index

Al ManRe: Changing position of a FCP template title
by on Feb 6, 2014 at 7:03:48 pm

I had modified also the size of the graphics and then saved the file with a new name. The new file wouldn't automatically appear in FCP (the Left copy named file will appear automatically).

Just started again with a new edited copy of Left. Changed position of graphics and text and left it named as Left Copy 2. Still the graphics appears in the lower thirds.

HOWEVER, while before I couldn't change the position within the FCP edit window, now I can. Might be a bug.

Final Cut Pro X
Motion 5.0
Avid Media Composer 6.0.1

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]