APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Spacing issues with the letters U and O using Motion

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark AndersonSpacing issues with the letters U and O using Motion
by on Jan 24, 2014 at 6:24:46 pm

This is an odd issue as I am building text titles using Motion. Pretty basic stuff with adding behaviors for movement. I am using the font Eurostile. I have made many of the titles with success but for some reason when I type in the word COURAGE, Motion continues to spell it with a gap so it looks like CO URAGE. I have tried many things to get rid of the gap, centering, backspace, etc, but still have the problem. It seems that the problem comes from the U and the O being next to each other. Does anyone have any insight to this?

Many thanks,
-Mark

Return to posts index

Mark AndersonRe: Spacing issues with the letters U and O using Motion
by on Jan 24, 2014 at 6:30:21 pm

BTW, I can type out "courage" in lowercase and it looks fine, the problem is using uppercase as this is the style we want for this project. The space issue happens using uppercase.

Return to posts index

Marco FeilRe: Spacing issues with the letters U and O using Motion
by on Jan 24, 2014 at 8:01:44 pm

Place the cursor after the O and drag the Kerning Slider (Inspector->Text->Format) to the left.

Return to posts index

Mark AndersonRe: Spacing issues with the letters U and O using Motion
by on Jan 25, 2014 at 1:28:18 am

Thanks, Marco, that was a huge help! I also had to put the cursor before the R even though it would not register on the R, then hit the space bar, then kernel back a few spaces. Oddly, when I hit the space bar, it came together. That did the trick. So thankful to this forum! -Mark

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]