APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

How to make FCPX generators act as normal footage, so you could trim, dived with blade, etc.

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonas Bengtsson
How to make FCPX generators act as normal footage, so you could trim, dived with blade, etc.
on Dec 13, 2013 at 3:08:29 pm

Is it possible to make FCPX generators act as normal footage, so you could trim, dived with blade, etc.

We shot infront of a green screen, with two tractions points and 1-5 minuets takes.
Very basic , little zoom in and out, some small camera motion on a tripod.

I make a FCPx generator with two point Match Move and drop zon for the background.

In FCPX, if I want to trim and cut with blade it doesn't act as a regular footage, it shrinks, stretches or divides in two clones but always from first to last frame.

The work around is to put it in a compound clip.

Have tried with build in and out markers.

Is it another way?

Return to posts index

Mark Spencer
Re: How to make FCPX generators act as normal footage, so you could trim, dived with blade, etc.
on Dec 13, 2013 at 3:37:30 pm

Adding a Loop end marker would force the duration to be fixed when trimming in FCP X.

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

Jonas Bengtsson
Re: How to make FCPX generators act as normal footage, so you could trim, dived with blade, etc.
on Dec 15, 2013 at 4:24:29 pm

Better but I can just trim and blad "out" point, if i change the "in" point it always strarts on frame 1.

Return to posts index

Nikolas Bäurle
on Dec 15, 2013 at 8:58:49 pm

You can make a compound clip, then simply cut or retime that. works very well. I do that usually when I need to change the speed of certain animations, and don't feel like opening motion again.

Return to posts index

Nikolas Bäurle
on Dec 15, 2013 at 11:29:37 pm

I just realized that I had read your first post too quickly. You've of course already used compounds.

Return to posts index

Jonas Bengtsson
on Dec 16, 2013 at 8:46:56 am

:-)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]