APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Start particle emitter well past birth using parameters?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tangier ClarkeStart particle emitter well past birth using parameters?
by on Dec 11, 2013 at 12:30:07 am

An interesting question was posed today at work: How can I get frame 1 of my snow particle emitter to look like (hypothetically) 5 seconds in when we fully see the snow.

One could just drag the emitter layer left in time, but that's not what we're looking for. We were looking for a means to do this using a parameter and the reference for this was wanting to use the emitter like Trapcode's particulate offset parameter.

Any ideas folks?

Other than sliding the layer left I couldn't figure this one out. I tried adding parameter behaviors with no luck.

Tangier

Return to posts index

Mark SpencerRe: Start particle emitter well past birth using parameters?
by on Dec 11, 2013 at 12:38:09 am

I don't know of any way to that other than dragging it left - or making a clone and offsetting the clone.

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

Tangier ClarkeRe: Start particle emitter well past birth using parameters?
by on Dec 11, 2013 at 12:40:16 am

Yeah, I thought of the clone ideas as well. I haven't used Trapcode Particulate, but I understand the value of the offset parameter; sort of like what Motion has with the "write on" behavior. Though like you mentioned too, dragging left is an offset of sorts.

Tangier

Return to posts index

Robin S. KurzRe: Start particle emitter well past birth using parameters?
by on Dec 11, 2013 at 6:51:53 am

In case you haven't seen this and assuming this is roughly what you're asking about, it pretty much describes a variant of (or exactly?) what Mark means, starting around 10:57. The best option I could think of also. Has a bunch of great little tips on the side also. :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]