APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

I want to start with a B&W still image and then convert to colour as video starts

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Barry Lynch
I want to start with a B&W still image and then convert to colour as video starts
on Oct 20, 2013 at 4:29:11 am

As the subject says - I like the look of the sketch lower 3rd template in Apple Motion 4. It has a background like sketch paper with a hand drawn box and text that appears as it runs. There is a built in drop zone where you can put a still or video. If I drop a video in then I have the sketch template applied but then when it ends the clip is full on colour. How do I transition from from the sketchy look to colour like a fade in?

I guess what I am really asking is how do I take a colour clip make a 5-10 sec duration at the front B&W and fade into to colour after the 10 secs of B&W????

Return to posts index

Jason Watson
Re: I want to start with a B&W still image and then convert to colour as video starts
on Oct 21, 2013 at 11:40:18 am

Put a Hue/Saturation filter on the clip and keyframe the saturation to '0' at the point where you want it to start gaining color. Then move forward in time to where you want it to be full color and keyframe the saturation to '1.'

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]