APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Need to create directional arrows to simulate water flowing through pipes

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Giovanisci
Need to create directional arrows to simulate water flowing through pipes
on Sep 19, 2013 at 2:22:13 am

I am creating video animation to show water flow through pipes for how a pool filter works. I searched high and low for an example and this is best I could come up with...notice the rays coming from the sun.

I wanna be able to create a path, and have arrows constantly moving on that path to demonstrate the flow of water through pipes in a filter system.

I believe there is an easy way to draw the path I want the arrows to move in (and curved in some spots) and just have the arrows moving constantly on the same path.

I hope I'm explaining this right and I hope someone can help with this.

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
Re: Need to create directional arrows to simulate water flowing through pipes
on Sep 19, 2013 at 5:46:29 am

Essentially, you'll want to make a replicator of an arrow shape. There's an arrow in the shapes category of the Library. Replicate the arrow, scale it down. Draw a bezier line that represents the path that you want the arrows to go. You can turn this layer off.

In the Replicator tab of your arrow replicator, change the replicator shape to geometry and drag the bezier line into the shape well. Click the align angle checkbox. You may also need to adjust the angle by 90 degrees as well because of the orientation of the original arrow shape.

Add as many points to your replicator as you want and animate it with the offset parameter. Here's a quick screenshot of how it might look.

Hope this helps.

Andy

http://www.timesavertutorials.com

Return to posts index

Matt Giovanisci
on Sep 19, 2013 at 1:40:37 pm

Ok, so far I got it, but now how do you animate it?

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
on Sep 19, 2013 at 4:07:00 pm

You can apply a parameter behavior or keyframe the Offset control of the replicator. Just take hold of the slider and move it to see how it animates the arrows.

Andy

http://www.timesavertutorials.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]