APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Adjust Control points tool not working in 3D Space, Camera Left (Motion 4)

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nikko KoetschAdjust Control points tool not working in 3D Space, Camera Left (Motion 4)
by on Aug 22, 2013 at 4:34:20 pm

Hi there,

I am trying to create a 3D Spiral in motion and so far I have made three circle outlines stacked over each other with gaps in-between with local 3D and facing camera checked. I am trying to adjust one control point on each circle to go up (along the y axis?) and attach to the circle above to make the spiral. When I go to the left camera and try to lift the control point I want to attach to the circle above up it wont let me grab the point with the adjust control points tool, I believe this is because I created the circles on a different plane? How can I fix this or is there an easier way to do this?

Thanks,
Nikko

Return to posts index

Mark SpencerRe: Adjust Control points tool not working in 3D Space, Camera Left (Motion 4)
by on Aug 22, 2013 at 4:44:39 pm

Shape control points only have X and Y coordinates - as you can see in the Shape Inspector. In other words, shapes are always on 2D planes.

For a spiral motion you can use a Motion Path behavior - the control points for it can be moved in X, Y, and Z.

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

Andy NeilRe: Adjust Control points tool not working in 3D Space, Camera Left (Motion 4)
by on Aug 22, 2013 at 5:36:07 pm

Man, wouldn't it be great to have at least 3D oulines? Just make fill unavailable and let us place bezier points in 3D space. I'm probably overlooking something which makes it impossible, but a guy can dream can't he?

Andy

http://www.timesavertutorials.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]