APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

How to re-create this text effect in Motion

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Brearley
How to re-create this text effect in Motion
on Aug 15, 2013 at 3:55:32 pm

Hi everyone,

Couldn't find any previous posts relevant to my query. And it's quite a specific one too.

I'm looking to create something similar to the text effect in this video. I am fairly new to Motion and thought someone out there might be able to help me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=E6w6WGokjTU#at=45

Many thanks in advance.

Dan

Return to posts index

Sandeep Sajeev
Re: How to re-create this text effect in Motion
on Aug 15, 2013 at 5:41:28 pm

Hi,

There seem to be a quite a few different Text effects employed through out the video. All of them are very simple to create in Motion. So if you could indicate which one(s) exactly you're referring to, we can chip in with specific information.

Sandeep.

Return to posts index

Dan Brearley
on Aug 15, 2013 at 5:46:42 pm

Hi Sandeep,

Thanks for your response. Sorry, you're right there are a couple of different efect, I guess I thought they were kind of similar.

In the first few seconds after the main title, the effects on the sequence of words "mistakes", "accident", "loose" and "free" is what I'm looking to imitate.

I'm wondering if there is a filter / template I could use or if it is keyframing job.

Cheers,

dan

Return to posts index

Sandeep Sajeev
on Aug 15, 2013 at 5:55:46 pm

Mistakes: Just Keyframe Opacity.
Accidents: Ditto.
Loose: Keyframe Opacity and Position to animate off screen or use a Throw Behaviour.
Free: Same as Loose.

Why not look at the inbuilt Text Behaviours inside Motion? There are a LOT of options. Click on the Behaviours icon (the cog) on the right side of the UI and explore the various Text Animation/Simulation options.

You could make something far more interesting with almost no effort at all. Bear in mind that you can combine multiple Text Behaviours to create very unique animations.

Sandeep.

Return to posts index

Dan Brearley
on Aug 15, 2013 at 5:58:42 pm

Thanks Sandeep, I did have a look at the Text behaviours, but didn't find anything close enough really.

Thanks for your thoughts!

Return to posts index

Simon Ubsdell
on Aug 15, 2013 at 6:40:15 pm

A lot quicker than keyframing, why not simply add a Wriggle or Randomize to the layer opacity?

Simon Ubsdell
http://www.tokyo-uk.com

Return to posts index

Dan Brearley
on Aug 15, 2013 at 6:40:47 pm

Great - thanks I'll try that.

Return to posts index

Simon Ubsdell
on Aug 15, 2013 at 8:18:38 pm

Sorry, I should have said that you should try an Oscillate Behavior on the opacity to more closely mimic the effect in the example. Shorten the Oscillate Behavior to wherever you want the flashing to stop. Set the Wave Shape to Square to get clean On/Off behavior.

Randomize and Wriggle are fun but more funky than what we're seeing there.

Simon Ubsdell
http://www.tokyo-uk.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]