APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Apple Motion 4 Camera Issues

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Amber CreedApple Motion 4 Camera Issues
by on Aug 15, 2013 at 3:05:31 pm

Creating a video in Apple Motion 4 for work. I just figured out how to add in a camera to do some swoopy zooming into some text. My issue now is, getting this camera to 'stop.' I wanted to add a simple colored rectangle layer to move onto screen, therefore changing the color of the background and covering up the text that is currently there. The new rectangle layer is above the camera layer, and the text layer I'm wanting to cover up. But for some reason, it still shows like it's going underneath the text. I can't add keyframes to it either to move it. I tried adding a behavior, and it seems like the camera is locked onto this rectangle and I don't know how to get out of the camera at all.

Do I have to keep this camera on for the rest of the video? I wanted the camera movements only happening for maybe 5 seconds. And then I wanted to get back into a 2D mode. But I don't know how to do that at all now..

Any help would be appreciated! And if I need to explain myself better, please let me know.

Return to posts index

Sandeep SajeevRe: Apple Motion 4 Camera Issues
by on Aug 15, 2013 at 5:37:34 pm

[Amber Creed] "The new rectangle layer is above the camera layer, and the text layer I'm wanting to cover up. But for some reason, it still shows like it's going underneath the text."

When you're working with 3D layers, Z Axis Position is given more priority than the layer stacking order. So in the Inspector, click on the Position triangle and compare the Z Position values for both the layers.

So for example if your text is at -100, then Positioning the Rectangle Layer at any value from -99 upwards will give you the effect you want.

I like to go into Top View to see the position of my various layers in relation to each other (and the camera).

[Amber Creed] "Do I have to keep this camera on for the rest of the video? I wanted the camera movements only happening for maybe 5 seconds. And then I wanted to get back into a 2D mode. But I don't know how to do that at all now.."

If staying in 3D is bothering you, you can duplicate your group from the point where you want to stay in 2D and then adjust/reposition your layers/groups accordingly.

Hope that helps.

Sandeep.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]