APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Wrapping text in motion 5

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brendan KelseyWrapping text in motion 5
by on Jul 31, 2013 at 9:02:27 pm

Hey,
I feel like this is easy but for some reason I can't seem to figure it out. I would like to know how I can slide text from the right to the center of the screen and then begin wrapping it around a circular logo and have it spin a few times. If anybody can help me out that would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Simon UbsdellRe: Wrapping text in motion 5
by on Aug 1, 2013 at 1:45:01 pm

Probably the simplest way to do this is to create a path for the text to follow.

(The green line is the path which you will want to hide - it's just there for demonstration purposes.)

Start with a Bezier line that comes from offscreen at the right, then circles your logo as many times as you want, then does whatever else you want it to do. You'll have to take a bit of care with getting the circle nice and smooth but it's not that hard.

Then go to the Text/Layout tab and under Layout Method select Path.

Go to the Path Option section and select Geometry for the Path Shape. Drag the Bezier path you've already made into the Shape Source image well.

Make sure you choose Align to Path and Inside Path to get the orientation of the text right.

The all you have to do is animate the Path Offset so the text moves along the path as you want it to. You could use a Ramp behavior for this but keyframing is just as simple.

Hope that helps.

Simon Ubsdell
http://www.tokyo-uk.com

Return to posts index

Brendan KelseyRe: Wrapping text in motion 5
by on Aug 2, 2013 at 2:30:13 pm

Thanks a ton Simon this really helps. I have run into another issue though and was wondering if you or someone else may be able to help me resolve it. I have created a path in which starts off screen then forms a circle around the center but when I went to add more keyframes to continue the circular motion I can't seem to match up the curves exactly like the original circle. My initial thought was to have the text stop once the circle was created and then add the spin behavior but for some reason it won't spin. The transform box that appears when the text is highlighted spins around but the text stays still. I also tried changing the rotation in the properties window but got the same result. Any ideas? Thanks!

Return to posts index

Simon UbsdellRe: Wrapping text in motion 5
by on Aug 2, 2013 at 3:11:49 pm

You need to keep the path going!

It may seem a bit of a pain but that's the only way you're going to get the text to follow round the logo in the correct fashion.

Make a few more turns in your path until you have enough spins.

Simon Ubsdell
http://www.tokyo-uk.com

Return to posts index

Brendan KelseyRe: Wrapping text in motion 5
by on Aug 2, 2013 at 3:14:47 pm

Thanks I got it to work!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]