APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Loosing my mind over Drop Zones

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben ConnorsLoosing my mind over Drop Zones
by on Jun 26, 2013 at 11:02:26 am

Hi All,

I'm getting desperate for some help. I've got a series of different generators I've made in motion. Some were originally Motion 4, some were built from scratch in Motion 5.

They use three drop zones, to show three successive clips. I'm particular about where I want to get in to the clips so I carefully set an in point for the dropzone. It plays back fine pre render, it play back fine post render.

Then... on export one more dropzones will completely reject the in points I've set, and export something that appears to treat the first frame of a clip as the first frame of the drop zone.

I never had this issue with FCP7 only X. I haven't been able to find evidence of other people having this problem in the forums. However, several other people at my organization running on different machines have had the same error.

Sincerely,
Pulling my hair out

Seriously any help would be MOST appreciated.

Return to posts index

Simon UbsdellRe: Loosing my mind over Drop Zones
by on Jun 26, 2013 at 5:36:43 pm

This is a known issue that Apple don't seem to have really fixed just yet despite making quite a substantial change in the way that it worked a couple of versions back.

Then only foolproof method is to make a compound clip of the clip you want to use before adding it to the Drop Zone. As you say, things can look fine until you try to export!

Simon Ubsdell
http://www.tokyo-uk.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]