APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Spinning Box Lower3, Different images on each side

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Grant StracSpinning Box Lower3, Different images on each side
by on Jun 13, 2013 at 5:17:31 pm

I made a lower3rd and was requested to have a box in the left corner spin around with different images on each side.

In this project we have the main show title then different segments with different names. I have a box spin transition and the client wants the low3's box to spin as well with the transition.

I made a completely square front object shape and duplicated that image then constructed a perfect box. Front, right, back, and left. Added my images and copy pasted the parameters onto the images so they match up with each side in the same group, "box."

I animated the "Box" group to spin but it is not spinning on its center because its a 2d object. So when I add the rotate parameter it spins on the front axis and the box moves from the position on the lower3 bar.

I then animated the box during the turn to stay center but then it looks funny has a weird look the size changes and the position moves slightly.

I tried to achieve this in after effect using Element 3d but could not figure out how to make the images spin like it does in the attached video.

Thank you,
Grant Strac

Lower3rd Box Spin w/ motion

Return to posts index

Grant StracRe: Spinning Box Lower3, Different images on each side
by on Jun 13, 2013 at 5:18:17 pm

Motion 5.0.7 by the way

Return to posts index

Anders LarsenRe: Spinning Box Lower3, Different images on each side
by on Jun 14, 2013 at 6:59:55 am

You need to make sure the Anchor Point is in the middle of the box on all 3 axes.
You can set it with the anchor point tool, or adjust the values for it at the bottom of Properties>Transform - twirl open to get to the Z-axis.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]