APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Issue with lighting

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thomas CampbellIssue with lighting
by on Jun 3, 2013 at 11:00:36 am

Hi, hoping someone might know what's going on with a project I'm working on in Motion 5.

A quick description of what I've done: I've created a mosaic of diamonds with spaces between the diamonds (using illustrator). I've imported into Motion 5 and introduced a point source light to create shadows of the diamonds onto a solid behind it. Here's a screen shot of what has been produced:

http://tinypic.com/r/2wmnt54/5

The left half of the image has shadows which are perfectly smooth and exactly what I was attempting to achieve however the right side is anything but smooth and is also creating a line down the screen around the 3/4 mark every few frames (difficult to see in the still image but in rendered video it flashes up every now and then). The left and right divide seems to be completely determined by the light, not the image. As the light moves left more of the shadows are imperfect and as it moves right more are smooth.

I have no idea what the reason is for it, I've exported it with a number of settings and every time the result is the same. I've deleted and introduced a new light and there is no change and I think I've fiddled with every setting I can find to see if there's any change but nothing.

Does anyone have any suggestion as to why this would be happening?

Thank you,

Tom

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]