APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Putting objects between objects

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael WestPutting objects between objects
by on Jun 2, 2013 at 12:28:22 am

Happy Saturday all!
Motion 4 question.
I have a martini glass in one group, "decorative etchings" for the glass in another, and an olive/toothpick in another.
The glass and the etchings travel together via motion path to intersect with the olive/toothpick.
I have tried re-stacking the groups in all manner of ways but the olive/ toothpick still appear on top of the glass/etching groups.
When they intersect, I would like the olive/toothpick to be under (behind) the etchings, but over the glass, as it would appear in the real world.
Any help is appreciated.
Michael

Return to posts index

David EaksRe: Putting objects between objects
by on Jun 2, 2013 at 12:46:20 am

Is the problem that even if the toothpick is layered to be behind the glass, it still "looks" like it is in front of the glass? I'm guessing that the entire martini glass is clear, the etchings are semi-opaque and toothpick is solid. The etchings are probably to subtle to "cover" the toothpick.I'm thinking you could experiment with altering the color/blend mode/opacity of the portion of the toothpick that is "inside" the glass, to differentiate it from the portion sticking up out of the glass to help sell the look.

Just a thought, I'm sure the experts will chime in with suggestions.

Return to posts index

Don EitnerRe: Putting objects between objects
by on Jun 2, 2013 at 4:34:40 pm

Is the group these objects are in 2D or 3D? In 2D they should "stack" in the order that the layers appear in the layer browser. In 3D they stack by the z-order of the objects' positions.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]