APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Is it possible to publish the stabalizer effect back into FCPX

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Lambert
Is it possible to publish the stabalizer effect back into FCPX
on May 8, 2013 at 1:46:48 pm

This may seem like an odd request but I am currently able to stabalize footage in a multicam clip of an event that I am editing in which one of the cameras was a bit wobbly.

When I click on the clip in FCPX inspector there is currently no option for stabalizer a quick google search shows that this is not a isolated find.

Rather than have to go into the angle editor and apply the effect to the entire clip which I would imagine would take up a lot of analysis time as well unnesecary HDD space is it possible to publish a Motion effect using only the stabalizer effect back into FCPX so that I can grab this from the effects pannel and drop it onto the timeline of the cut that requires it?

I am overly familiar with publishing effects and have only basic work in this in the past but I cannot get this to work at the moment is this possible?

Return to posts index

Mark Spencer
Re: Is it possible to publish the stabalizer effect back into FCPX
on May 8, 2013 at 6:02:51 pm

No, you can't publish a Motion effect that stabilizes. Why not locate that clip in the event, set a range for the shaky part, and stabilize it there? It should pass through to your multicam edit automatically.

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]