APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

stabilised shot does not hold tracked point in one location

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marten Berkman
stabilised shot does not hold tracked point in one location
on Apr 16, 2013 at 7:29:09 pm

Hi there,

trying to stabilise a shot in Motion because I can apply a tracker to a specific part of the image (versus stabilisation filter in GCP). When I click analyse, it tracks the point perfectly. However when I play back to stabilise or smooth, the tracked points do not stay on one spot on the screen but keep moving around...better than the original shot, but still not stabilised.

Am I missing a step? I would like to be able to specify that the tracked pojnt in the image stay on one location on screen.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Brent Cook
Re: stabilised shot does not hold tracked point in one location
on Apr 17, 2013 at 3:15:04 am

I'm far from a Motion expert, but I'm pretty sure the points are moving with the movement of the stabilization. There's probably a different (and ideal) workflow here, but I'm betting if you render out the stabilized footage (minus the tracking) and import it back into the project and do your motion tracking it should stay put.

Return to posts index

Marten Berkman
on Apr 17, 2013 at 6:08:57 am

hmm, I understand the tracking is integral to being able to stabilize, hence I do not see how to make them two separate steps.

: )

Return to posts index

Brent Cook
on Apr 19, 2013 at 5:29:33 am

My bad. I thought you meant you were stabilizing your footage and then doing a motion tracked title or something. Surely somebody knows what's going on here.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]