APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Make Image break into particles (without plug ins or After effects)

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Grant Strac
Make Image break into particles (without plug ins or After effects)
on Apr 5, 2013 at 2:23:35 pm

I watched a Andy Neil's Exploding text tutorial on creative cow yesterday. Wonderful but I did not want text to break apart I wanted an image to. I figured I could apply the same method to an png image.

When I make a circle (group>spark) and turn it into a particle emitter, turn the shape of it into "image" and dropped my png into the well. I then changed all the parameters like instructed in the tutorial but it does not fill up the image.

When you do this to text the little circles filled up into the shape of the words but when I do it to an actual image I only got columns of circles not the actual shape.

I need to make the image look like its being sucked up by a vacuum and it breaks into particles and streams off as such.

I know there are many plug ins for this but I know this can be done I'm just missing something. I know ae can do this this card dance effect but this is for a broadcast tv show and I am not proficient with ae to integrate it into a tight deadline production

Grant Strac
Apple Master Certified Final Cut Studio

Return to posts index

Mark Spencer
Re: Make Image break into particles (without plug ins or After effects)
on Apr 5, 2013 at 2:41:54 pm

That's no going to work. To have an image break apart, you'll need to use a replicator. It's actually a bit complicated, Patrick Sheffield covers the techniques in depth in his Motion book.

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

Grant Strac
on Apr 5, 2013 at 2:53:49 pm

Thank you for taking time to respond.

It actually is possible just figured it out. I should have been more clear about that in my description to "look like it breaks apart into particles".

I took the project file I made off the tutorial I followed and replaced the text with the image and it formed the image shape. I know the actual image can't break apart but like in that tutorial he teaches to have the image glow and fade out into the particles. Now I just have to add behavior to suck down rather than out but this is exactly what I was looking for.

I looked at the project I was unable to get to work and I missed the speed setting thats why it didn't form the shape of the image.

Image Particles

Return to posts index

Adam Scott
on Jun 17, 2014 at 9:38:19 pm

Grant,

Do you happen to have a link to the tutorial that worked for you?

Thanx!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]