APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Motion 5: Animation timing with FCP X generators

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Guerra
Motion 5: Animation timing with FCP X generators
on Feb 24, 2013 at 4:39:58 am

Hey,

I recently ran into a strange quirk of creating FCP X generators in Motion 5. I have created a generator that has basically three parts, and object animates onto the scree, then fades to black and white, then animates off the screen. Everything looks good in Motion, and the timing is fine.

When I pull up the generator in FCP X, it automatically adjusts the timing of all the animations, based on how long I make the generator in my timeline. This is perfect for the fade to black and white in the middle of my animations, but I would like the move in and move out animation timing to always be 20 frames. unfortunately, FCP X changes the length of those animations as well. I even tried pre-rendering by exporting them as a stand-alone ProRes file and re-importing them as their own layer. FCP X still adjusts their timing.

Has anyone come across this, or have any ideas for a workaround?

Return to posts index

Mark Spencer
Re: Motion 5: Animation timing with FCP X generators
on Feb 24, 2013 at 4:46:34 am

That's what Build In and Build Out markers are for. Just add them to your project in Motion to maintain the timing of your incoming and outgoing animations.

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

Jason Guerra
Re: Motion 5: Animation timing with FCP X generators
on Feb 24, 2013 at 5:13:44 am

Ah, I didn't even know those marker options were available. It took me a couple of minutes to realize the Build In maker needed the be at the last frame of the animation, and not the first (with a duration). With that down, everything is working exactly as I want it to. Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]