APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

pretty new to motion

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Domsicpretty new to motion
by on Jan 29, 2013 at 8:08:36 pm

Hi,

Im try to get one giant image to appear on a video wall. Im not looking to get 15 different images or the same image to appear 15 times, but one huge image to take up the entire video wall. Im fairly new to the program and was wondering if someone here could guide me in the right direction.

Thanks,

Brian

Return to posts index

AJ RobinsonRe: pretty new to motion
by on Jan 30, 2013 at 4:56:32 pm

Well then all you have to do is use the scale properties. Twirl down the little arrow in front of the scale properties, and you can change the X,Y,Z parameters individually.

When you say video wall, are you talking about your working area, or the size of your composition, say 720x1280?

~AJ

Return to posts index

Brian DomsicRe: pretty new to motion
by on Jan 31, 2013 at 12:00:07 pm

Thanks Aj,

Basically what I want to do is make a box, replicate it 15 times so that its a giant rectangle and have that display one giant image instead of 15 different ones. This would be within the project, not the entire screen so i dont think the project size really matters.

Brian

Return to posts index

Don EitnerRe: pretty new to motion
by on Jan 31, 2013 at 3:02:29 pm

I've done something similar; let's see if I remember how to do it. I believe I made a replicator and the video in separate layers, then I put an image mask on the video and dragged the Replicator itself (not the Replicator source cell) onto the image mask.

Running late so can't test this out to be sure, but that sounds about right for what I did.

Return to posts index

by on Jan 31, 2013 at 3:50:14 pm

Oh Ok, I get it, you want to tile the video!?

~AJ

Return to posts index

by on Jan 31, 2013 at 4:02:36 pm

DO NOT use a replicator for this! It would just slow down everything. Do this. Apply the Tile filter, it can be found here [ Filter->Tiling->Tile ]
Then you can get the tile effect like shown the picture. (sorry for the colors, I did this in 1 minute)(no time to think about colors :P)

I hope this helps!

~AJ

Return to posts index

Brian DomsicRe: pretty new to motion
by on Jan 31, 2013 at 7:05:11 pm

hey thanks guys, I was unaware of the tile filter. So i just tiled a white square and took out the luma and it looks exactly how i wanted it. Thanks again for all the help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]