APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Independent replicator cell animation

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt ComptonIndependent replicator cell animation
by on Jan 28, 2013 at 4:17:18 pm

Hey all,

Im trying to get back into motion for a current project I have on (Its been a while since I used it).

I've created a video wall background for a keyed subject and I want to animate each of the cells of the video wall independently in 3D space if possible. The video wall is made from a replicator using an image sequence as the cell source with a scale randomness applied to give it the impression of depth.

How do I animate each cell to slowly drift on the X,Y + Z within a specified distance (I dont want cells floating off in the background)

Also the cells automatically change to cycle through the image sequence - i want this to happen as i dont want the background to be too static, but how do you control the rate of change? Hold Frames and Hold frames random dont seem to make a difference to the output.

Screengrab attached + ANY help appreciated.

Return to posts index

Simon UbsdellRe: Independent replicator cell animation
by on Jan 29, 2013 at 4:58:55 pm

[Matt Compton] "How do I animate each cell to slowly drift on the X,Y + Z within a specified distance (I dont want cells floating off in the background)"

Apply a Sequence Replicator Behavior to your Replicator. Add a Position Parameter to the Behavior.

Increase the X, Y and Z values to taste. Set Sequencing to Through. Increase the Spread value so you get a smooth blend between each adjacent value. Set the number of Loops you want to get the right speed.

[Matt Compton] "The video wall is made from a replicator using an image sequence as the cell source with a scale randomness applied to give it the impression of depth."

You don't need to do this part as the Behavior will take care of the scaling for you ...

Simon Ubsdell
http://www.tokyo-uk.com

Return to posts index

Matt ComptonRe: Independent replicator cell animation
by on Jan 31, 2013 at 11:58:22 am

This is superb - thanks for your help Simon.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]