APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Drop Zones in FCP X Effects

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Doug WellsDrop Zones in FCP X Effects
by on Jan 25, 2013 at 7:43:29 am

Hello,
When you create an effect for FCP X, is it possible to have a drop zone not be effected by color correction or other effects? I am trying to create a simple picture in picture effect. I have an effect that I drop on a video track, then I can select the second picture as a drop zone. When the video plays, it moves one picture to reveal the other. The effect works fine, but I get the color correction on the video track. Is it possible to make the drop zone not be effected?

Return to posts index

Simon UbsdellRe: Drop Zones in FCP X Effects
by on Jan 25, 2013 at 9:40:27 am

A published Effect will always be a composite once you're in FCP X so you can't strictly do what you're asking.

However you could make the your Motion project a Generator instead of an Effect which will mean your background won't be included and hence you will be able to color correct it to your heart's content (or add any other filters to your background layer).

That's assuming that you don't need your Motion effect to influence the background clip in any way.

If you do want to affect the background clip as part of the overall effect, why not publish some color filters from Motion for that layer (e.g. Color Balance, Gamma, Saturation, etc.) and then you will be able to control the color inside FCP X.

You could also consider making this a Transition as this sounds more suitable to what you're describing - but without more details it's hard to be sure.

Simon Ubsdell
http://www.tokyo-uk.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]