APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Creating number generator to stop at specific point.

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg BallCreating number generator to stop at specific point.
by on Dec 29, 2012 at 7:46:53 pm

I trying to create a number generator that counts from 0:00 to 10 minutes and stops at 10 minutes.

I've seen this asked before here and I'm still stumped. I've sen this written:
Turn off the Animate checkbox and instead keyframe the starting and ending values you want.

My question is where is the animation checkbox? And can I add keyframes for the start and end values by just hitting the record button for the start and end?

Return to posts index

Jason WatsonRe: Creating number generator to stop at specific point.
by on Dec 30, 2012 at 1:53:20 am

There might be other ways to do this, but here's one:

First off, make sure you are using the Time Date generator as opposed to the Timecode generator.

The animation check box is in the Inspector Window. If you uncheck it you can then set a keyframe with the value you want to start with and then move to the point you want it to end and add another, specifying the end value.

Since Motion's generator doesn't seem to let you not display the hours, you'll probably want to either crop the layer or use a mask. Keep in mind that, depending on the font you use, the time might jump around a bit. Also, it doesn't really seem to matter at what point in time you place the ending value, Motion will compensate to get it there even if it doesn't truly represent the time elapsed. In other words, make sure your ending point is in the right spot if the timing is critical.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]