APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Apple motion tutorial request

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pete GriffinApple motion tutorial request
by on Dec 9, 2012 at 1:05:38 pm

Hi, i'd love it if someone could do a tutorial on how some of the effects were done in this
https://vimeo.com/24089339

specifically, I want to know how he does the stuff at 57 seconds

its very cool im sure you agree

pete

Return to posts index

Jason WatsonRe: Apple motion tutorial request
by on Dec 10, 2012 at 1:58:30 pm

Looks like a fairly simple combination of masking (for the elements that are drawn on) scaling and position/rotation adjustments.

Specifically for the sequence at :57-

The outer and inner frame (six sides) have some kind of animated mask on them- if you were to do this in Motion you could go about it a number of ways. Assuming you made the artwork in Photoshop, you would mask each element, and given the simplicity of the shape you could draw a Bezier shape to use as an image mask and then use the Write on behavior to get it to draw the mask.

The wavy line background looks like it is just being masked with a rectangle mask of sorts- you could just animate the Y position of the mask for that.

Do the same with the ropes- just animate the X position of the mask.

The flags at the bottom have animated positions, but are being masked so that they are not visible inside of the frame. Same with 'Director' and the oars.

The wide arrows that fall down behave in the same way, as do the final up/down arrows.

The name looks like it just scales from the first moment of its visibility down to its ending size.

Hope that's helpful.

Return to posts index

Pete GriffinRe: Apple motion tutorial request
by on Dec 13, 2012 at 12:17:49 pm

OK, Thank you so much for explaining this.. i seem to have a bit of a mental block with Masks!

I will try to export something with a transparent background so I can overlay it

thanks agan

pete

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]