APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Move text from different Groups into one Group

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bryan MailerMove text from different Groups into one Group
by on Nov 19, 2012 at 5:53:25 pm

I have made a titling sequence with many words and, rather stupidly, made every single word its own group even though there was no need.

I would now like to add some behaviors and movement that will apply to all of the words and groups.

I have been trying to drag-and-drop, cut-and-paste etc., but I can't seem to group all of these words together.

How do I put all of these words under the umbrella of a single group?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Jason WatsonRe: Move text from different Groups into one Group
by on Nov 19, 2012 at 9:14:25 pm

I know this works in Motion 5, but I'm pretty sure it will work for previous versions:

1. Create a new group. (Alternatively, you can also use a group that already exists.)

2. Select every text object you want to move. (You have to specifically select the text object, rather than the group it is in.

3. Drag all the text objects into the new group.

Also, depending on what behaviors you are using (i.e., whether text behaviors or not) you could just select all the text groups and move them into a new group in a similar manner.

Return to posts index

Bryan MailerRe: Move text from different Groups into one Group
by on Nov 20, 2012 at 12:29:25 am

I don't know why I needed this help but it just never occurred to me to do this in the Layers sidebar. I tried it everywhere else - Timeline, File Inspector...

I'm usually smarter than this.

Thanks for the help. I have the embarrassing feeling I would have been stumped for a while.

Return to posts index

Jason WatsonRe: Move text from different Groups into one Group
by on Nov 20, 2012 at 3:44:13 pm

No problem. :-)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]