APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Wierd looking image in Motion 4

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tobias Prag
Wierd looking image in Motion 4
on Nov 19, 2012 at 3:21:06 pm

Hi

I'm rather new to Motion but have done some project in it. When sending a clip to Motion from FCP today it looks like this in Motion:

I can't find how to make it look "normal". Please help!

When starting a new project and importing other clips it looks the same.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Jason Watson
Re: Wierd looking image in Motion 4
on Nov 19, 2012 at 4:10:22 pm

Without knowing anything else about the project it's hard to troubleshoot, but my initial reaction is that it looks like the blending mode of something in there is set to Hard Mix.

Do you have any additional info?

Return to posts index

Tobias Prag
on Nov 20, 2012 at 11:05:57 am

Blend mode is set to Normal. Changing blend mode seems to have no effect on how it looks. Changing to Red/Blue/Green only och Alpha only makes some changes to the image, but still looks mostly black and white.

I also tried starting a new project and importing any XDcam media, in the preview window it looks fine, but once imported in the project it looks wierd.

What info on the project could help you help me? :)

Return to posts index

Jason Watson
on Nov 20, 2012 at 3:42:27 pm

Do you have the same problem with other types of assets (e.g., pictures, .psds, etc.) or is it just with the footage you are trying to import?

Also, has the problem only recently cropped up in your normal workflow? I'm guessing you've tried trashing the Motion preferences, but if not you might try that.

Return to posts index

Tobias Prag
on Nov 21, 2012 at 10:08:57 am

Now I tried trashing the preferences. Tried trashing the whole application and reinstall. Still no result.
Looks the same with pdf, jpeg, and H264 video. Psd seems to be working though.

Last time I used Motion was a few weeks ago and nothing behaived irregullar then. Only thing the computer been doing is running FCP 7, and installing some FCP plugins since then.

Return to posts index

Jason Watson
on Nov 21, 2012 at 7:31:46 pm

hmmm... It's possible that the one of the plug-ins you installed is causing the problem, since some plug-ins for FCP also get accessed by the other studio applications. The offending files thus might be in a different application support folder, which means that re-installing Motion wouldn't necessarily have any effect.

You might try removing the plug-in and see if that works, or check with the plug-in developer to see if they have any troubleshooting.

Sorry I can't be more helpful. Good luck!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]