APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

How do you stop/pause a picture along a circular motion path

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Valencia GurleyHow do you stop/pause a picture along a circular motion path
by on Oct 23, 2012 at 6:03:19 am

Hello guys,
I'm new to motion so bare with me. I'm using Motion 4 and have 3 Pics rotating in a circle along a motion path. The problem I'm having is trying to stop/pause at each picture. I've tried the Stop behavior but once the behavior comes to the end it jumps into the rotation. Not a smooth transition. The custom behavior doesn't work either.

Please help I'm scratching my head on this one.

Return to posts index

AJ RobinsonRe: How do you stop/pause a picture along a circular motion path
by on Oct 27, 2012 at 2:27:11 am

How are they being animated. Are you using the Motion path behavior or are you just keyframing the position?

~AJ

Return to posts index

Valencia GurleyRe: How do you stop/pause a picture along a circular motion path
by on Oct 27, 2012 at 2:29:43 am

It's on a Motion Path behavior

Return to posts index

Simon UbsdellRe: How do you stop/pause a picture along a circular motion path
by on Oct 27, 2012 at 10:39:53 am

You need to use the Custom option from the Speed menu of the Motion Path behavior - and set keyframes for it.

Go to the frame(s) where you want the movement to pause and set a keyframe. Then go to the frame where you want it to start again and make another keyframe with the same value as the previous one.

Make sure the keyframe interpolation of the first keyframe is set to linear so there is no movement between the two keyframes. You will need to set this in the Keyframe editor - right click on the first keyframe and select Linear from the Interpolation options. You can always change the curve of the incoming and outgoing sections if you don't want a sudden start/stop.

Note that you can't use the Constant interpolation option for this as although you can get it to stop dead, when the animation resumes it will jump to where it would have been if there had been no stop.

Hope that makes sense.

Simon Ubsdell
http://www.tokyo-uk.com

Return to posts index

Valencia GurleyRe: How do you stop/pause a picture along a circular motion path
by on Oct 29, 2012 at 6:04:37 pm

Thank you for responding. I will try your suggestion and see what happens.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]