APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Modify Build In and out duration of Custom Titles for FCP X

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ricky Dominguez
Modify Build In and out duration of Custom Titles for FCP X
on Sep 20, 2012 at 6:51:49 pm

I have created a Custom Titles for FCP X using some text sequence (Arrange In -Out, Blur In-Out, etc) that the built in is 20 frame and built out is 20 frames but I would like to know if I cant have a modifier that let me choose the duration in frame for the built in and out, so I can modify inside FCP X.

Thanks for the help,

Ricky Dominguez
Luna Films
Puerto Rico

Return to posts index

Mark Spencer
Re: Modify Build In and out duration of Custom Titles for FCP X
on Sep 20, 2012 at 7:15:37 pm

Can't be done AFAIK.

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

Simon Ubsdell
on Sep 20, 2012 at 7:31:33 pm

As Mark says (and he's always right!), it's not possible to publish this to FCP X, but if you think you are going to need a longer build in or out why not just change it on your Motion project?

Go to the frame where you want your build in to end and hit "Shift M" on the keyboard followed by "Opt/Cmd M", and then choose Build in Mandatory (or Optional) from the Type menu. Do the same thing for your Build out and except that you choose Build Out Mandatory (or Optional) from the Type menu.

As long as you then don't want your title (or effect) to be shorter than the combined lengths of the Build in and out durations then you will be fine. And of course you can easily change these values whenever you want to if they're not convenient.

Simon Ubsdell
http://www.tokyo-uk.com

Return to posts index

Alex Gollner
on Sep 22, 2012 at 1:00:30 am

If you want to choose a build duration using a short rage of times, between 5 frames and 3 seconds for example, you can set your mandatory build in time to 3 seconds. Then make your build-in animation work with behaviours that have an End Offset parameter (such as Ramp and Oscillate).

You can use Ramp behaviours to modify Opacity, Gaussian Blur amounts as well as Position layer parameters.

Set the duration of the behaviours to 3 seconds. Add their End Offset parameters to a rig so that End Offsets of 0 map to a build-in time of 3 seconds, and a higher number maps to a quicker build-in. You can then publish that rig yo FCPX for some build-in duration control.

The main part of the title only needs a single frame before a mandatory build out marker. You can then build out using behaviours and rig their Start Offset parameters.

alex4d on twitter, facebook, .wordpress.com & .com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]