APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Multiple Motion Tracks in One Shot...Baffled

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike PettyMultiple Motion Tracks in One Shot...Baffled
by on Sep 20, 2012 at 6:01:40 pm

Hey kids,

I am trying to do multiple motion tracks in one shot. The first one works fine - the rest don't....here's the story.

I have a 15 second long clip that is a pan of 5 oil wells in huge oil patch. As I pan through the wells I need to pin text (Well One, Well Two, etc) to each well as I pan by it. Sometimes only one well is in frame, sometimes 2.

I laid in the Well One Text over over the first well in the clip did my tracking point analysis, match motion dropped on the text, etc. and it worked great. As the scene panned through and the well left frame so did the text (though not all the way but I nudged the tracking point out of frame and it was good enough. Great.

The problem is that as tried to add Well 2 text and pin it to that well and track it everything fell apart. The text went all over the place or no place. Jumped around or came into the move very late. I followed the same procedure as the first track...But it seemed like I may have dropped the match motion effect in the wrong well in the inspector. Something felt amiss...maybe I missed a step. Or had the wrong source selected in the match move inspector. I can't figure it out.

Can somebody give me some advice on this caper?

Thanks.

MP

Return to posts index

AJ RobinsonRe: Multiple Motion Tracks in One Shot...Baffled
by on Oct 9, 2012 at 2:01:57 pm

Try adding 5 separate trackers to your shot. You need to have five separate trackers for each barrel.
Then apply the match move to the text, and select the proper barrel analyze motion.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]