APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

In Need of Guidance

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben Peters
In Need of Guidance
on Sep 11, 2012 at 6:55:02 pm

I am hoping you can help me here. I have bought a DVD on Motion 3 and it has some great tutorials in it, the problem is when I go to my file library when it says to grab a background, or content (especially content) I find the folders empty. Now I believe I am putting everything from the DVD onto to my external hard drive correctly but all I get is empty folders, I have found this in some of my books on FCP. Right now I am working with FCP 6, and Motion 3 at a broadcasting school called CSB (Connecticut School of Broadcasting) I thought that maybe the network was blocking the content files, and background files I have no idea, I want to do these lesson files but it is really frustrating when the content is not there, I am kind of getting frustrated am I doing something wrong?

Basically I am opening up the DVD taking the media and drag and dropping it to my external hard drive, I bought the DVD Moving With Moion and when I try to do the Chapter 3.1 project and go to the content folder, I find nothing there in the content folder....any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Thank You.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: In Need of Guidance
on Sep 11, 2012 at 7:11:50 pm

Ben,
Sorry for your frustration. The only content on the disc for chapter 3 should be: Ninja.ai, Pitons_Logo.psd, Star.ai, Les Pitons.mov and some project Files. The back grounds come included with Motion and can be found at: Library tab, Content, Backgrounds, Gradient Stage, Gradient Stage 08. If the whole Content folder is missing Motion was not installed properly. To get the back ground just open up the "Ninja Final.motn" file and delete everything out of if but the background. Hope this helps and best of luck with your learning.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]