APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Making a title reveal from cloud timelapse.

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben Winston
Making a title reveal from cloud timelapse.
on Sep 4, 2012 at 11:32:35 am

Hi there,

Any help on this would be enormously appreciated as I'm completely new to Motion (read: COMPLETELY NEW!) and unfortuantely my ambition outstrips my competence. basically, I have a timelapse video of a mountain clearing from the cloud (as in, the cloud covers the lens and then the mountain appears when the cloud blows away), and I want to look as if the video title is revealed when the cloud blows away. And, er, then I want it to explode before the cloud comes back in.

If anyone can help and point me in the right direction, I'd be hugely grateful as I can't seem to find any tutorials anywhere that help.

Thank you!

Ben

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: Making a title reveal from cloud timelapse.
on Sep 4, 2012 at 2:23:33 pm

Two ways I can think of.

1: you can add a mask to the text and animate the mask with keyframes to reveal the text.

2. You can duplicate the time-lapse video. Add a Levels filter to the duplicate layer so the clip becomes a pure black and white clip. Then do a blend mode, luma matte or Add an Image mask...this approach will save you time but doesn't always works, it depends on the contrast in the clip. To see a luma matte in action check out this Creating a Hologram tutorial.

Hope this helps best of luck.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]