APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Older Templates Crash FCPX

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Russ HaskellOlder Templates Crash FCPX
by on Jul 30, 2012 at 11:57:45 am

I have some custom templates that I've used for show opens for a few years. They are substantially modified from some Motion 4 stock templates.

These can be opened without issues in Motion5, altered further and published to FCPX. I can bring one to the timeline, but as soon as it is selected, it crashes FCP.

After a lot of troubleshooting and many crashes later it occurred to me that something about the original (unmodified) template might be somehow incompatible with M5 and/or FCPX. Sure enough, the M4 template – without any changes – crashed FCPX after it was published…even though M5 hadn't had any apparent problems with it.

Has anyone else run into this and can shed any light about what's going on with this?

Thanks.

Russ

Return to posts index

Russ HaskellRe: Older Templates Crash FCPX
by on Jul 30, 2012 at 1:57:28 pm

Well, I did some more tests this morning and was able to some other legacy templates to work – more or less Ok – after publishing from Motion 5. At least they didn't crash FCPX.

The templates that seem to cause X indigestion were all based on various versions of Basic White. Short term, I'll work around the problem within FCS; longer term, I'll replace them with something new. Time to update them anyway.

Russ

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]