APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Adjusting Dropzones

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bryon DanielsAdjusting Dropzones
by on Jul 24, 2012 at 8:37:58 pm

I'm fairly unexperienced with Motion and have been working with a template I just got to making Slideshows for weddings. The template creates a projector style slideshow but each dropzone is setup for a horizontal image. I've tried everything I can think of but can't figure out how to modify the dropzone to fit a vertical image.

I'm sure it's fairly simple but can someone give me some instruction on how to do this?

Return to posts index

Stuart WarringtonRe: Adjusting Dropzones
by on Jul 25, 2012 at 2:02:44 pm

A drop zone works pretty much the same way as any thing else you put in to motion. You can change the shape by squashing or stretching to fit the correct aspect ration of the image. Simply click the image and you will notice 8 blue dots (if you are using motion5 clear dots if not). Click on any of the dots and move them around. you will notice that when you move the dot the image shape changes. Just adjust it so it fits!

Return to posts index

Bryon DanielsRe: Adjusting Dropzones
by on Jul 28, 2012 at 11:05:31 pm

I can't get these blue dots to appear and transform it. I'm not sure if it is something about the template I'm using or what. I'm not able to adjust the image inside the drop zone is my main problem. If I could just reposition the image the vertical image inside the horizontal dropzone I would be fine. The only thing it's letting me do is move or adjust the size of the dropzone.

Return to posts index

Stuart WarringtonRe: Adjusting Dropzones
by on Jul 30, 2012 at 3:14:31 pm

A fix would be to just use the drop zone as a reference and animate it yourself. You can drop the clip into the project then drag the properties from the drop zone on to the image and it will keep all the keyframes. Could you email me the project and I can take a look at what it is you are trying todo? I just need the project with drop zones, no media.

stuart.warrington@hotmail.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]