APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Motion Tracking in Motion 5

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Luke Henry Vanden BoschMotion Tracking in Motion 5
by on Jul 23, 2012 at 2:08:48 pm

Hello All,

I am attempting to track buildings on a drive thru video that I am working on in Motion 5, I am adding an info bubble to the front of specific buildings and having it move with the video of the driving shot.

I used Motion 4 for a while but I am a little rusty, the tracking seems to work fine but I am having a heck of a time getting the .png file that I am using follow the video where I think it needs to go.

Any tips? am I making sense?

Luke Henry
Mac Pro 4,1

Return to posts index

Stuart WarringtonRe: Motion Tracking in Motion 5
by on Jul 25, 2012 at 1:57:27 pm

I have a bit of a love hate relationship with the tracker in motion. It seems to go wrong more often then it goes right. Do you have track points on the object you want to track?

Return to posts index

Luke Henry Vanden BoschRe: Motion Tracking in Motion 5
by on Jul 25, 2012 at 3:21:58 pm

Yes, I am using 'Analyze Motion' to get the points set on where I want the icon to stay, and that seems to be working pretty well.

My issue is that I cannot get the second layer to stay with those points, it floats around... Should I be doing this work in '3D' with a camera in the timeline ?

When I try to position the icon before hand, it jumps to a new position when I put on the 'Match Move' behaviour. If I try to do it after putting on the 'match move' behaviour it swings wildly around and the position becomes 888888345% or something similar.

Luke Henry
Mac Pro 4,1

Return to posts index

Stuart WarringtonRe: Motion Tracking in Motion 5
by on Jul 25, 2012 at 3:48:03 pm

Hmmmm Its tough with out seeing it. Is the second layer tracking the image or the first layer? There should nt be any need to go in to 3D.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]